- 1 Why do my vocal recordings sound thin?
- 2 How do you fix thin vocals?
- 3 How do I make my singing voice thicker?
- 4 How do I make my recording sound fuller?
- 5 How can I make my rap vocals thicker?
- 6 How do you make your singing voice darker?
- 7 What does fuller sound mean?
- 8 How do I make my recordings sound professional?
- 9 How can I make my music more interesting?
Why do my vocal recordings sound thin?
In fact, thin mixes usually come from a poor arrangement. But sometimes they can come from a poor use of EQ, too. When you prevent and address thinness in your track, you can produce a mix that’s more powerful and impactful. You never want an important chorus to sound thin – the music will lose it’s impact.
How do you fix thin vocals?
How to Fix Thin Vocals
- Roll off the Rumble. Before we can beef up the vocals, it’s important to clean up the ultra-low end; frequencies below 100hz which can conflict with the tightness of the mix.
- Boost the Body.
- Lock it in with compression.
- Add Harmonics.
How do I make my singing voice thicker?
Use temporal, tuning, and low level compressing effects to create a vocal that sounds thick, and dense enough to cut through your mix. The idea is to create multiple reflections and voices, that can be combined with and augment the original signal.
How do I make my recording sound fuller?
How to Make Your Mix Sound Bigger
- EQ Up Lows and Highs. Pull up an equalizer and boost the low end ever so slightly to add a bit of richness to the bass.
- Layer Up. Adding more layers is one of the easiest ways to bring more texture and depth to your mix.
- Add Some Reverb.
- 808 Kick Drum.
- Widen Your Stereo Image.
How can I make my rap vocals thicker?
Parallel Compression – Parallel compression is the exact same thing as Parallel Processing, but you compress the track very hard and bring the volume gently underneath – This creates a thicker sounding track, or vocal in our case.
How do you make your singing voice darker?
You can add some thick reverb (Also with the higher frequencies cut)… You can also add a lower Octave with a harmonizer, blending it in until the vocal feels just dark enough, without the lower octave being too noticeable…
What does fuller sound mean?
reverberant sound … Fullness generally implies a long reverberation time, while clarity implies a shorter reverberation time. A fuller sound is generally required of Romantic music or performances by larger groups, while…
How do I make my recordings sound professional?
Once you apply these ten techniques, your mixes as a whole will improve.
- Top-End Boost.
- Use a De’Esser.
- Remove Resonances.
- Control the Dynamics with Automation.
- Catch the Peaks with a Limiter.
- Use Multiband Compression.
- Enhance the Highs with Saturation.
- Use Delays Instead of Reverb.
How can I make my music more interesting?
10 ways to make your music more interesting
- Don’t just loop. DAWs are great for looping, right?
- Add a random synth element. Advertisement.
- Automate your synth sounds. Automation is the key to adding interest.
- Automate effects.
- Change the tempo and time signature.
- Add effects.
- Unexpected… to the max.
- Adding ‘real’ orchestration.