How do you blend vocals with music?
How To Mix Vocals
- First, place the element (vocal) in the stereo field.
- Then, cut out unnecessary frequencies with an equalizer.
- Then, if applicable, enhance with a compressor.
- Then, if necessary, boost frequencies with an equalizer.
- Then, if necessary, send to reverb bus or other effect bus.
How loud should hip hop vocals be?
Every vocal is different and every song is different as well. But generally speaking, lead vocal should be moderately loud or the loudest element next to your drums in your mix.
How do you professionally mix and master vocals?
10 Ways to Make Vocals Sound Modern & Professional
- Top-End Boost.
- Use a De’Esser.
- Remove Resonances.
- Control the Dynamics with Automation.
- Catch the Peaks with a Limiter.
- Use Multiband Compression.
- Enhance the Highs with Saturation.
- Use Delays Instead of Reverb.
How do you blend vocals with beat?
Tip #1 – Here’s a top notch trick to get your vocals to sit on top of the mix nicely. Send everything but the vocals to their own aux, and apply a very subtle compressor (only a few dB’s reduction). Side chain the lead vocals to this compressor. This will dip the track by a 2 or 3 dB’s every time the vocals come in.