- 1 How do you make your voice sit in the mix?
- 2 How do you mix down rap vocals?
- 3 What frequency do vocals sit?
- 4 How loud should my vocals be in a mix?
- 5 What voice effects do rappers use?
- 6 Is 85 Hz a low voice?
- 7 How do you do Eq voices?
- 8 What Hz is human voice?
- 9 Are my vocals too loud in mix?
- 10 What dB should your 808 be?
How do you make your voice sit in the mix?
9 Tips on How to Make Vocals Sit in The Mix
- Bring Up Fader. Why It Works – It brings up the vocal.
- Ride The Fader.
- Compress The Vocal.
- Compress The Mix.
- Limit The Mix.
- Boost Presence or Projection Frequencies.
- Boost Presence on Entire Mix.
- Reduce Reverb While Adding Delay.
How do you mix down rap vocals?
Using Delay Over Reverb The best way to mix rap vocals is to keep them relatively dry. We’re talking about mixing rap vocals that are aggressive and upfront in the mix. Traditionally, engineers will opt for delay instead of reverb to keep that vocal forward and present — not washed away in a sea of reverb.
What frequency do vocals sit?
Male vocals will tend to have their fundamental frequencies between 100–300 Hz, while the fundamental frequencies of a female vocal will usually fall between 200–400 Hz.
How loud should my vocals be in a mix?
Every vocal is different and every song is different as well. But generally speaking, lead vocal should be moderately loud or the loudest element next to your drums in your mix.
What voice effects do rappers use?
The best vocal effects for rappers include de-essing, pitch shifting, time alignment, and parallel processing. Other great plugins that can help improve rap vocals include stutter and reverse effect, vocal delay throws, saturation, submixes, and distortion.
Is 85 Hz a low voice?
100-130 is average. 100 and lower is usually considered deep for a man, and 85-90 and lower is really, really, deep. As an adult you can expect to have a deeper end voice.
How do you do Eq voices?
Best EQ Settings for Vocals
- Roll off the low-end starting around 90 Hz.
- Reduce the mud around 250 Hz.
- Add a high shelf around 9 kHz & a high roll off around 18 kHz.
- Add a presence boost around 5 kHz.
- Boost the core around 1 kHz to 2 kHz.
- Reduce sibilance around 5 kHz to 8 kHz.
What Hz is human voice?
In general, the fundamental frequency of the complex speech tone – also known as the pitch or f0 – lies in the range of 100-120 Hz for men, but variations outside this range can occur. The f0 for women is found approximately one octave higher. For children, f0 is around 300 Hz.
Are my vocals too loud in mix?
If you find that the vocals suddenly go from sounding too low in the mix to too loud, then you need to apply more dynamic processing. Vocals with wildly uncontrolled dynamics are a hallmark sign of an amateur mix engineer.
What dB should your 808 be?
Just make it loud in the context of the mix. Start with all your faders down. Bring up the 808 so it’s at a reasonable level in your DAW (probably somewhere around -18 dBFS ). Then, bring in all of the other instruments around it.