What is a good EQ setting for vocals?
Best EQ Settings for Vocals
- Roll off the low-end starting around 90 Hz.
- Reduce the mud around 250 Hz.
- Add a high shelf around 9 kHz & a high roll off around 18 kHz.
- Add a presence boost around 5 kHz.
- Boost the core around 1 kHz to 2 kHz.
- Reduce sibilance around 5 kHz to 8 kHz.
Is EQ necessary on vocals?
Although the methodologies by which mix engineers sweeten their vocals can vary to some degree—particularly in terms of gear choice and the order in which they apply certain processing—most top mixers would agree that the EQ is one of the most essential tools necessary to sculpt out a great-sounding vocal.
What EQ frequency is vocals?
Male vocals will tend to have their fundamental frequencies between 100–300 Hz, while the fundamental frequencies of a female vocal will usually fall between 200–400 Hz.
Why do I sound like a robot on OBS?
You could try to go to audio control panel > select your mic device > properties > uncheck “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device “. This helped me when my mic sounded robotic through discord while streaming.
Is OBS good for audio recording?
You can use OBS to record on screen video, and capture the computer’s internal audio, or record video and sound from external webcams and microphones, and you likely already know how important a good microphone is for recording. → Skip the hassle, turn your voice into anything!
How can I make my mic sound better?
Seven Tips That Will Make Your Microphone Sound Better When Recording
- Turn off anything noisy in the room.
- Keep the microphone OFF your desk, if possible.
- Keep your microphone with its back turned towards any noise source.
- Keep your microphone within a few inches of your mouth.
How can I improve my microphone quality?
Here are 10 microphone tips to improve the audio quality in your videos
- Choose your location wisely.
- Get the mic as close to your subject as possible.
- Lav mic placement.
- Get creative with mic placement.
- Test your recording levels before filming.
- Use a windshield or “dead cat” outdoors.
- Do a sync clap before each take.
Why does my mic sound muffled?
Your Audio Source is Too Close, Too Far or Off-Axis The problem with being too close to a device while recording is that sound can overwhelm the capsule in a condenser mic and lead to a muffled, distorted recording. You may also experience this problem if your audio source is not facing your recording device properly.