- 1 Who originally sang Bridge Over Troubled Water?
- 2 What musicians played on Bridge Over Troubled Water?
- 3 Who sang in Simon and Garfunkel?
- 4 Is Bridge Over Troubled Water religious?
- 5 Who is the silver girl in Bridge Over Troubled Water?
- 6 What was Bridge Over Troubled Water written about?
- 7 What is the tempo of Bridge Over Troubled Water?
- 8 Did Art Garfunkel sing Bridge Over Troubled Water?
- 9 Who is Paul Simon married to?
- 10 Is Paul Simon a tenor?
- 11 How old is Paul Simon now?
- 12 Are Simon and Garfunkel still friends?
- 13 What does troubling the water mean?
Who originally sang Bridge Over Troubled Water?
“Bridge Over Troubled Water” was written by Paul Simon in 1969 and recorded in 1970 with Art Garfunkel. “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” which is one of the most enduring songs from the past four decades, won the GRAMMY Award for Record of the Year and Song of the Year in 1971.
What musicians played on Bridge Over Troubled Water?
- Paul Simon – lead vocals, acoustic guitar, percussion.
- Art Garfunkel – lead vocals, percussion.
- Los Incas – Peruvian instruments.
- Joe Osborn – bass guitar.
- Larry Knechtel – piano.
- Fred Carter Jr. – guitar.
- Pete Drake – Dobro, pedal steel guitar.
- Hal Blaine – drums.
Who sang in Simon and Garfunkel?
Simon & Garfunkel were an American folk-rock duo consisting of singer-songwriter Paul Simon and singer Art Garfunkel. They were one of the best-selling music groups of the 1960s, and their biggest hits—including “The Sound of Silence” (1965), “Mrs.
Is Bridge Over Troubled Water religious?
In 1971 Aretha Franklin took the song to church, confirming Bridge Over Troubled Water’s status as a secular gospel song.
Who is the silver girl in Bridge Over Troubled Water?
The line “Sail on, silver girl” is often reputed to refer to a needle (meaning the song is about heroin) but it actually refers to Simon’s girlfriend (and later wife) Peggy Harper who found a few gray hairs and was upset. The lyric was meant as a joke – Simon calling her “Silver Girl” because of her hair. >>
What was Bridge Over Troubled Water written about?
Composed by Paul Simon and performed as a solo by Art Garfunkel, “Bridge Over Troubled Water” is a song about providing comfort for someone in need. But Simon eventually set the record straight when he revealed that the silver line is actually an innocent inside joke aimed at his first wife, Peggy Harper.
What is the tempo of Bridge Over Troubled Water?
Bridge over Troubled Water is amoodysong bySimon & Garfunkelwith a tempo of 166 BPM.It can also be used half-time at83 BPM.
Did Art Garfunkel sing Bridge Over Troubled Water?
Bridge Over Troubled Water is a gospel phrase which Paul took from a gospel group. It was in a Baptist church hymn. He liked the phrase and he used it.” The song, which reached Number 1 in 1970, was written by Paul Simon, but it was Art Garfunkel who sang lead vocal so brilliantly.
Who is Paul Simon married to?
He married singer Edie Brickell in 1992, and they have three children, splitting their time between New York and Connecticut. When he’s not recording, Simon coaches his son’s baseball team, still a devoted fan.
Is Paul Simon a tenor?
We almost never had Paul’s voice above; he’s a baritone and I’m a tenor. So that all happened really early, at the beginning of junior high school.
How old is Paul Simon now?
Simon has also noted that Elvis Presley’s rendition was a “touch on the dramatic side.” “But so was the song,” he added. “When I first heard Elvis perform ‘Bridge Over Troubled Water,’ it was unbelievable. I thought to myself, ‘How the hell can I compete with that?’ ”
Are Simon and Garfunkel still friends?
Although they have brokered occasional peace treaties, Simon and Garfunkel’s relationship remained fragile and volatile for the following 50 years. Both musicians were born in 1941 (Simon is 23 days older).
What does troubling the water mean?
: a difficult or confusing situation.