- 1 How do you record hip hop vocals?
- 2 Is Logic Pro X good for rap?
- 3 What dB should rap vocals be at?
- 4 How do you sound like a professional rapper?
- 5 What do rappers use to record vocals?
- 6 How do you record vocals without a mic?
- 7 What trap producers use logic?
- 8 Should vocals be louder than bass?
- 9 Do rappers double their vocals?
How do you record hip hop vocals?
Here are some tips on recording hip hop vocals from the master.
- Set the scene.
- Compress with caution.
- Don’t distort.
- Get the headphone mix as polished as possible.
- Hear what the artist hears.
- Get your tech set ahead of time.
- Avoid unnecessary distractions.
- Nail the lead first, and give everything the time it needs.
Is Logic Pro X good for rap?
Logic Pro X is good for making rap beats, it is one of the best for making rap beats, but some people may prefer FL Studio, Pro Tools, Abelton Live, etc. Short answer YES.
What dB should rap vocals be at?
What dB should vocals be recorded at? You should record vocals at an average of -18dB for 24-bit resolution. The loudest parts of the recording should peak at -10dB and be lowest at -24dB. This is to keep an even balance on the level of the vocals without distortion.
How do you sound like a professional rapper?
11 Tricks To Sounding Better While You Rap
- 1) Don’t Rely only On Memory.
- 2) Write How You Talk/Rap.
- 3) Memorize Your Lyrics.
- 4) Know How Your Voice Sounds.
- 5) Use Your Voice As An Instrument.
- 6) Setup Your Workflow.
- 7) Rap Voice Lessons.
- 8) Study Other Rappers.
What do rappers use to record vocals?
XLR is the most common type of mic out there, and classic vocal mics such as the SM58 by Shure will do a fine job of recording rap vocals.
How do you record vocals without a mic?
How to Record Good Audio Without a Microphone
- Keep Your Camera Close.
- Shoot Somewhere Quiet.
- Pick a Good Room.
- Protect your Built-In Mic from Wind.
- Use a Free Audio App.
- Do a Sound Check.
What trap producers use logic?
So who are some of the hip hop producers and EDM giants who use Logic Pro? Pharrell Williams, Kendrick Lamar, Hardwell, Calvin Harris, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Nicky Romero, and Alesso to name a few.
Should vocals be louder than bass?
Every vocal is different and every song is different as well. But generally speaking, lead vocal should be moderately loud or the loudest element next to your drums in your mix.
Do rappers double their vocals?
Rappers and singers have traditionally recorded vocal doubles (informally called “vocal dubs”) on the ending phrases every bar or half a bar..