- 1 How do I make my voice sound better on Pro Tools?
- 2 How do professionals record rap vocals?
- 3 What DB should rap vocals be at?
- 4 How do you EQ vocals like a pro?
- 5 Is Pro Tools better for vocals?
- 6 What should I drink to have a good voice?
- 7 Should vocals be louder than the beat?
- 8 Do rappers layer vocals?
- 9 What do rappers use to record?
- 10 Where should vocals sit in a mix?
- 11 What dB level should I mix at?
How do I make my voice sound better on Pro Tools?
10 Ways to Make Vocals Sound Modern & Professional
- Top-End Boost.
- Use a De’Esser.
- Remove Resonances.
- Control the Dynamics with Automation.
- Catch the Peaks with a Limiter.
- Use Multiband Compression.
- Enhance the Highs with Saturation.
- Use Delays Instead of Reverb.
How do professionals record rap vocals?
How to Rap Part 5: How to Record Vocals
- Getting the Right Equipment. The first step to recording great hip-hop vocals is having a good quality condenser microphone and preamplifier combo.
- Mic Placement & Setup.
- Proper Mic Usage.
- Compression and EQ.
- Vocal Compression.
- EQ (Equalization)
What DB should rap vocals be at?
What dB should vocals be recorded at? You should record vocals at an average of -18dB for 24-bit resolution. The loudest parts of the recording should peak at -10dB and be lowest at -24dB. This is to keep an even balance on the level of the vocals without distortion.
How do you EQ vocals like a pro?
Best EQ Settings for Vocals
- Roll off the low-end starting around 90 Hz.
- Reduce the mud around 250 Hz.
- Add a high shelf around 9 kHz & a high roll off around 18 kHz.
- Add a presence boost around 5 kHz.
- Boost the core around 1 kHz to 2 kHz.
- Reduce sibilance around 5 kHz to 8 kHz.
Is Pro Tools better for vocals?
When it comes to the best designed interface for recording vocals, Pro Tools definitely stands out. I have used most major DAWs extensively, including FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, the list goes on… None of these DAWs have the speed and fluidity of Pro Tools when it comes to recording vocals.
What should I drink to have a good voice?
The best drinks for your singing voice are water (especially room-temperature water, perhaps with a squeeze or two of lemon) and tea, but be careful about consuming too much caffeine, which can dehydrate you. You can find wonderful herbal teas designed for singers.
Should vocals be louder than the beat?
How loud should vocals be compared to instrumental. Vocals, especially the lead vocal should be louder than musical elements but a tad bit behind the drum transients in my opinion. But if you have an instrumental that has already been mastered and hyper-compressed which is often the case.
Do rappers layer vocals?
Rappers and singers have traditionally recorded vocal doubles (informally called “vocal dubs”) on the ending phrases every bar or half a bar.. The purpose of this was to make the vocals sound more fuller as well as to make certain lyrics stand out more (at least this was the reasoning).
What do rappers use to record?
A Digital Workstation (DAW) is the software used to record music and sits at the heart of a rapper’s music creation.
Where should vocals sit in a mix?
Tip #1 – Here’s a top notch trick to get your vocals to sit on top of the mix nicely. Send everything but the vocals to their own aux, and apply a very subtle compressor (only a few dB’s reduction). Side chain the lead vocals to this compressor. This will dip the track by a 2 or 3 dB’s every time the vocals come in.
What dB level should I mix at?
I recommend mixing at -23 dB LUFS, or having your peaks be between -18dB and -3dB. This will allow the mastering engineer the opportunity to process your song, without having to resort to turning it down.